There are all kinds of sports that are extremely dangerous and people need to be especially careful when sharp, dangerous items are involved.
According to recent National Safety Council statistics, archery is actually more than three times safer than golf, with just one injury for every 2,000 participants.
Before, during, and after you are shooting archery arrows -- you need to always be focusing on keeping yourself and everyone else around you safe. Here are some safety aspects to be aware of at all times:
Before shooting, an archer needs to:
- Make sure they're prepared -- You can't just pick up a bow and start firing away. You need to practice and tone your archery skills. Bow training aids and archery app technology are great for improving your archery skills and ensuring safety.
- Inspect your equipment -- Check all your archery training equipment for damage and make sure everything is working properly. The easiest way to harm yourself or someone else in the area is to use busted archery equipment.
- Make sure the range is clear -- You should never shoot an arrow if the range hasn't been cleared. Similarly, even if you're shooting in your backyard, make sure no one is nearby to avoid injury.
While shooting, an archer needs to:
- Direct their arrows -- Make sure you are pointing arrows toward your target when they are locked onto the string.
- Shoot with other archers -- If you're shooting at a range, make sure you're shooting at the same time and in the same direction as every other archer nearby. Also, it's important you wait until everyone is done shooting before going to your target to retrieve your arrows.
After shooting, an archer needs to:
- Safely remove each arrow -- Wait until everyone is done shooting, approach your target slowly, and place your hand on the target near where the arrow hit.
- Pick up everything -- You should pickup everything in order to ensure that nothing is left on the ground. Arrows can clearly harm someone if left on the ground, but so can bows, bow training aids, and other archery equipment items.
If you want to learn more about remaining safe while practicing archery or find some quality bow training aids, archery training devices, and other archery training equipment, give AccuBow a call today.